I love working with small businesses and this week had some really common threads running through our discussions, that I thought I would share them with you. Here are my Great Little Tips for a Small Business. They are a little random, but these strategies are what came up the most.
1. Never stop looking for new Ideas. Even if you are enjoying amazing business success, always keep adding fresh ideas to keep you super vibrant in the market place.
2. Go out and Network with people. Referrals are your best advertisement. You will build trust that is not easily built with a company name only. Your face is your business, be more personal, head out, mingle in business groups, be prepared for questions, make personal connections & always bring your business cards!
3. Be visible Online. A whopping 97% of internet users will search online for local goods and services, before heading down town to buy. So if you do not have an online store front, even and information page, now is a good time to pursue one. You don’t have to break the bank, even Facebook is better than nothing at all.
4. Offer something for Free! If you have an online store, give customers free shipping, 58% of consumers say they are willing to add extra items to their cart to meet the free shipping threshold. Simply offering that perk can mean more turnover and money in your pocket for 2018.
5. Lend the Money! On your e-commerce website, offer Online Lending services such as Zip Pay or Afterpay. This means customers enjoy the convenience of having something now, and paying for it later. (You still get payed now too…)
6. Be Available. Can your customers easily purchase from you? Can they contact someone? Can they easily make an appointment with you? I often meet in a coffee shop so we both, as small business owners can “get out” for a while. I meet at the next available opportunity I have, even if our project isn’t starting for another 3 months.
7. Build an Email Database. Do you have customers email addresses so that you can send them information directly to their mailbox? This is another way you can generate more leads by engaging people via email. Create a weekly Newsletter, offer tips, advice and also some specials if you have some.
How will this be good for business? Well…
- Keeps you and your brand in forefront of your customers minds.
- Will help you to be seen as an authority in your industry.
- Will build trust.
- Your Newsletter may even be forwarded on to others.
8. Blog. It fuels SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) on your website. You don’t have to be a professional content writer, just know who you are writing for and why. It can be anything that shares your expertise, creates conversation, or gives your company a voice. A
blog post is the heart of your marketing efforts. It is fuel for Facebook, Linked in, Twitter and Newsletters. You can gain leverage from the content from your blog to all social media platforms.
So there you have it, these are my Great Little Tips for a Small Business, and they are all so easy to implement. If you need help with these, or are after some genius marketing ideas (Thats what my clients say!), give me a call… make 2018 the year you don’t waste any opportunities that come your way.